Thursday, January 8, 2009

Carrots

Yesterday we gave Emma her first taste of carrots. She did well with the cereal for 4 or 5 days so we can now start giving her regular baby food. She LOVED the carrots. The first couple of spoonfuls, she wasn't quite sure what to make of it but once she figured it out, I couldn't feed her fast enough. After she ate one bite, she would whine until I gave her another bite. She ate all of her carrots and I acutally think that most of it ended up in her tummy. She has learned to open her mouth too when I bring the spoon towards her. She is also getting apple juice twice a day now and she takes it from a sippy cup. Ofcourse, she doesn't know how to hold it yet but she sure does try. After about 20 seconds or so she drops it. I am loving this new step in her life. Josh and I love watching her try new foods and learn to eat of a spoon. I can't believe how fast our baby girl is growing up. Mouthful of Carrots
Drinking her apple juice out of a sippy cup....she tries to hold it herself too.

1 comment:

Hollifields said...

The carrots and the sweet potatoes always made for the best pictures...the bright orange I guess. Glad she likes them!