Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Rainy Day

Today was a nasty rainy day. I know that I should be thankful for the rain but after today, I never want to see rain again. I had a couple of errands that I had to get done this morning and then Emma had dance class this afternoon. While the girls are in dance class Autumn and I take Ryleigh and Hailey to Nana's house. Right before we had to leave to go get Emma and Chey it started pouring. It was raining so hard and the wind was blowing so much that our shoes that were right at the back door were soaked. Ryleigh was terrified to be outside but we had to sprint to the car....and still ended up soaking. After dance class I had to get diapers, so out in the rain we go again. By the time I get both kids out of their carseats, I'm drenched anyway. I think I stayed wet all day long. So needless to day, I wasn't very thankful for the rain today.

This morning when Emma woke up I noticed that her left eye was tiny bit red. I thought that it was just a little irritated and I just kept any eye on it throughout the day. After I picked her up from dance class it was 10x worse and she also had some green gunky stuff developing. So I called the doctor and they said it sounded like the beginning stages of pink eye. They gave me some prescription eye drops and I picked them up on the way home. Emma did very well with them. She gets 2 drops 4 times a day. Right before bed I was putting her drops in when I noticed that the right eye is also doing the same thing now. I hope that we have caught this early enough that it will clear up fast. All night long Emma acted like she didn't feel good, so I'm hoping she wakes up feeling better. She is supposed to be in the Christmas parade on Saturday so I really want her to be able to do that. Josh is out of town again tonight.(hopefully for the last time this year), so after the girls ate dinner we sat down and watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I LOVE this movie. 

In other news, Monday we converted Ryleigh's crib to a toddler bed. We moved Emma into one when she was 18 months old because Ryleigh was born then and needed the crib. We waited a little longer with Ryleigh but she is doing great. From the very first night, she never tried to get out of the bed and fell asleep and slept all night. She loved being able to climb up in it. 
Ryleigh and Emma got those cute little tie blankets last year for Christmas from the Hollifields and they love them.They have used them every night this winter. You can see in the picture Ryleigh's little glow worm. She LOVES that thing. When she goes to bed she will lay there and keep pushing the button every time it goes off until she falls asleep.

No comments: