Friday, December 2, 2011

Lately....

I have been having blogger's block really bad lately. There just hasn't been too much going on. Every time I sit down to write something, I can't think of what to say, so I'm just going to update a few things that have happened through the week. 

We finally heard from the insurance company on Tuesday. Since I got hit before Thanksgiving, the holidays apparently slowed everything down. But...we finally got a rental car yesterday. We picked up Josh's moms car last Sunday night and I drove it from Sunday-Wednesday. We are very appreciated of her but I was glad to give it back so that she could have her car back. They wanted to give me a little tiny car to drive but I argued and we got this.
It's a fully loaded 2012 GMC Terrain. It's a little small, especially for the girls. Both of their feet touch the seat in front of them but we are just thankful not to be in a tiny car. The girls are so close together that they can touch each other and yesterday I looked back and saw this. 
Aren't they so sweet?!

We also dropped our car off at the Ford dealership yesterday and they called today to let us know what they are going to fix. My husband is currently fighting with the insurance company because they don't want to fix everything the accident caused and because they want to use after market parts instead of Ford parts. I know you all don't care about all this, but for the past week it has consumed our lives. Trying to get all this handled has been difficult and we are just ready to have our car back.

Last night I took Emma to Disney on Ice. It was her Christmas present from The Hollifields. We are so grateful to them for such a wonderful gift. We wanted to take Emma this year but the funds just weren't there so we were going to wait till next year, but I'm glad that she got to experience this. Josh stayed home with Ryleigh so it was a mommy and Emma date. This year's theme was "Dare to Dream."

When we got there I got Emma one of those ridiculously overpriced twirly light up toys and some popcorn. First they did the Princess and the Frog but Emma has never seen that movie so she wasn't too interested, but once Cinderealla came out her face lit up. I will never forget her face. She told me "thank you mommy" at least 20 times. We had great seats where she could stand up and watch. It was definitely something I will treasure and never froget. These pictures are not great. There were taken with my phone and because of all the lights it is almost impossible to get a good picture. 





Finally, we want to introduce you to Mrs. Elf. (we haven't come up with a good name for her yet) 

I really wanted to get the girls (mainly Emma) an Elf on the Shelf this year but after seeing the $30 price tag I just couldn't do it. So we went to Target on the hunt for a stuffed Elf and found this one. It is an actual Elf on the Shelf plush pal. Less than half the price of the other. It is a little bigger and softer but it works. She visits different parts of the house and Emma finds her every morning. I can't say that it has made a big difference in her behavior or anything but it is still fun. Maybe once the girls are bigger and can really understand the concept we will get a real one. 

I think I have finally finished my Christmas lists so I'm hoping to start shopping soon. Emma and I are also going to make some cookies soon to take to some local fire departments or something. I want to start teaching her to give during Christmas and I think that is a good way to start. 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I promise to have something more interesting and also to get out my camera this weekend.  :)

No comments: