Monday, June 7, 2010

Baby Ryleigh Update

Last night Ryleigh's cough got 10 times worse than it had been so this morning I called the doctor to have her seen again. We arrived at 10:30 and after waiting an hour and half to see the doctor we finally went to a room where we waited another 20 min. He came in and looked at her for a minute and said she had a cold. Ummm...no. Babies don't stop breathing when they have a cold. So at checkout I asked if I could make an appointment with our primary doctor and they said that if I saw Dr. Lowe today that insurance wouldn't cover it because it would be two appointments in one day for the same reason. I was not happy!! So after talking with someone who worked there about the situation, she talked to Dr. Lowe and she saw us on her lunch break. I was so glad that she did that for us. Dr. Lowe said that Ryleigh does not have a cold. There was something else going on. She got back her lab work from the hospital. She doesn't have Pertussin or Croup. So now that she knows she doesn't have that, she believes Ryleigh has reflux. Reflux makes perfect sense to me after thinking back on how she has been acting. So she got a prescription that she takes 3 times a day. She could be on it for months or even a year, we just have to see how she does. So far today, she has been much better. She also said that this could be why Ryleigh has been so fussy since she was born. I'm hoping she is right and we are on our way to much happier baby. Keep your fingers crossed!!

No comments: