Sunday, November 27, 2011

Christmas Time

I am so happy that Christmas time is here. It is my FAVORITE time of the year. I just love everything about it and everything it stands for. I really try not to get caught up in all the unnecessary things involving Christmas, but I do look forward to continuing traditions that Josh and I grew up with. One of my favorite things to do is put the tree and decorate it. Growing up we would always decorate the tree at night time with most of the lights off so that the tree lights were all we had. We always had a huge tree so it took a while to decorate. My dad would always play Christmas music which usually included Elvis' CD. Some of my best memories are listening to me daddy (sorta) sing along to Elvis. It was so annoying at the time, but now I wish I could go back and do it again. We decorated our tree this morning and it was so much fun. Emma did a great job.This is the first year that she has really known what to do and she was very careful and particular about where the placed the ornaments. She loves the Christmas tree and she is the only one (according to her) who can turn the lights on and off. She turns it on as soon as she wakes up and turns it off right before bed time. Ryleigh wasn't really interested but that was to be expected. Maybe next year. I am so looking forward to spending the holidays with my family. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year. 






No comments: