Saturday, April 26, 2008

What Are You Doing In There?

Every week I always look up how are baby is growing and all the new things that are developing for that particular week. So I thought that I would share it all with you. So far she weighs approximately 250 grams [about 8-9 ounces] and she is about 22 cm [6 inches] long. [She is about the size of a large mango.] Since we are having a girl, she already has primitive egg cells. Permanent teeth buds are forming behind the already formed milk teeth buds. Growth becomes rapid now and she begins to store iron for the production of red blood cells. Her brain even alows her to dream. [How cool is that?] By the time she is born she will have grown 15 times the size she is now. She is also starting to produce meconium, which will become her first poop. [Too much information, I know] She is also producing vernix, which is a white sticky substance that will protect her from living in a swimming pool for the next 5 months. It will keep her from getting all wrinkled. Imagine how wrinkled you would be if you lived in a pool for 5 months. Our baby's brain is also forming pockets to specialize in smell, taste, hearing, vision and even touch. She is just starting to be able to distinguish voices. She can finally hear me when I'm talking to her and she will know that I'm her mom by the sound of my voice. She just keeps growing and growing. Each day that passes by is a day closer we get to meeting our little girl.

1 comment:

Hollifields said...

It's going to go by so fast. Try to enjoy it..I know it'll be hard with the back aches, etc but you'll miss is once it's over. Keep us updated!