Monday, April 6, 2009

Anniversary Beach Trip

This past weekend Josh, Emma, and I went to Oak Island. Josh and I got married there last year so we thought it would be nice to spend our anniversary there. We had such a great time. Emma did perfect the whole time we were there. The weather was awesome. Saturday was a little windy so we waited until Sunday morning to take Emma out on the beach. This was the first time she has been able to sit on the sand and play. She loved it so much. The first thing she did was eat it. After we got back into Greensboro, we went to my mom and dads house to visit. Before we left, Josh and I lit two of the sparklers that we had at our wedding. Once we got home we ate the top of our wedding cake. I didn't really expect to eat any because lets face it....it has been in the freezer for a year but oh my goodness.....it was sooooo good. Whoever wrapped that thing up knew what they were doing. So I'm sure we will be eating on it for a the next few days. Exhausted after a long dayThe best cheeseburger EVER!Sitting at ProvisionsThis is the chapel where we got married

2 comments:

Hollifields said...

Glad your anniversary was fun! Our cake is still in the freezer in Beaufort! We'll get to eat it when we go down there next month!

Four of a Kind said...

Great pics. Glad you enjoyed your weekend. Shawn and I had to eat our cake top 4 months after we married bc we moved to California. We didn't think it would make the week long journey.