Monday, May 17, 2010

2 Month Check-Up

This afternoon I took Ryleigh to the pediatrician for her 2 month check-up. She had to get 2 shots and also an oral vaccine. She did wonderful and and only cried for about 10 seconds.
Here are her stats:
11 lbs 6 oz-50th %
22 3/4 in.-70th %
Head:40cm- 75th%
She has gained 3 lbs 5 oz since birth and she has grown 3 inches!
My baby girl is growing so fast!!These pictures are very misleading because this is actually her being happy....something that is very rare now-a-days. She's not a bad baby at all, however, she has been struggling with a few issues since she was born that cause her to cry most of the day. I was so excited about going to the doctor today so that I could hopefully get some of these issues worked out. Unfortunately we have an over-booked practice that we go to and a doctor that is in a hurry, so I feel as though I was rushed and didn't get the attention that my baby girl needed. We have been thinking about this for a while now, but after today I believe we will be looking for another practice to take the girls to. The past several days, Ryleigh has had Horrible constipation! & thats Horrible with a capital "H"!! After trying everything I knew, I called the doctor on Saturday and they said I could give her 2 oz. of apple or pear juice in a 24 hr period. So for the past 3 days, thats what I did, with little success. But the doctor today tried to get things moving..(i won't explain how) and she said we could increase her to 4 oz of juice per day. So hopefully that will help her. Ryleigh cries most of the day and there is little I can do to soothe her. So after a TON of research and watching her for a while, I have come to the conclusion that she has a milk sensitivity. So as of today, we switched her to soy milk. Of course, we don't want her to have to drink soy milk but if that's what will make her feel better, then that s fine with us. We will worry about introducing her to regular milk when she is ready. I know that she is a pretty colicy baby too, and that seems to really bother her, so we made the switch from the Dr. Weil bottles to the Dr. Brown bottles and that has seemed to help some too. They have a ton more parts, but if it helps, then that's all I care about...I don't mind the extra washing. So I'm hoping that with all these changes, we will be able to make her feel better. She is such a sweet and happy baby when she isn't in pain. I just hate to see her like this. Her next check-up will be at 4 months old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute