Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Still here.......I think

This past week has pretty much...........sucked.Yep, that's the word I would use. My poor Ryleigh has definitely tested my sanity. Completely...not her fault. But she has continued to have horrible constipation. So last Friday I took her to a new doctor who recommended prune juice instead of apple juice. We gave her a few ounces and she finally pooped. We thought after that she would feel better, only to wake up the next morning and she was constipated again!! We continued to give her prune juice as well as glycerin suppositories. That seemed to help a little but not much. The next step was to try some Miralax. We started it last night. It is just a powder that we mix with her formula and so far she was pooped twice with hardly little effort. That's awesome! She has been so much happier today and has taken some great naps. I hope we are on the road to a happy baby again. She is just such a sweetheart and I hope she won't be in pain anymore.

We have planned for weeks on going to the beach this weekend for Memorial Day. With Ryleigh being the way she has been for the past week we still aren't fully decided on whether we are going to go. I have been so excited because it will be Ryleigh's first beach trip, and also Emma will be able to walk on the beach for the first time. So I'm hoping that Ryleigh will continue to get better and we can go. I just don't want to drive 4 hours with both of them to have Ryleigh cry the whole weekend. That's not fun for anyone.

This past Sunday was my little sister Katie's 19th birthday....man, she is getting old. :] We celebrated last night at my mom and dads house with some hamburgers and hotdogs, and also some cheesecake. Katie is growing up to be such a beautiful and smart young woman. I am so proud of her.

So I guess that's all that has really been going on lately,........now we just have to decide if we are leaving Friday...because if we are, I'm already behind on packing!!

No comments: