Thursday, July 29, 2010

4 Month Check-Up

Yesterday I took Ryleigh for her 4 month check up. My mom kept Emma for me and it was so much easier especially since Ryleigh had to get shots. Emma had so much fun playing outside and swimming. Anyway, here are Ryleigh's stats:

Weight: 16 lbs 14 oz 95%
Length: 25 in. 75%
Head: 42 cm 7%5

Ryleigh is definitely a big girl. I never really thought she was a big baby until she laid on the scale yesterday. She doesn't really look big to me, but maybe that's because I see her everyday and I'm used to carrying her around. Dr. Lowe said that most reflux babies are in the 95% for weight because they spit up a lot and that causes them to over eat. She is very glad that Ryleigh is eating solids and doing well. With her reflux, the solid food will help hold down all the formula and it will help her alot. Ryleigh is also teething really bad...which I already knew...but she looked at her gums and they are VERY swollen and red. So we should have a tooth or two soon. Ryleigh also got two shots....one in each leg. She did wonderful with them and then slept most of the way home. Ryleigh is still in 3 month clothes and when I occasionally have to put a disposable diaper on her she is wearing a size 2. Last night was a BIG night for the girls. Since our condo only has 2 bedrooms I knew that I would have to put them in the same room and I was stressing it. But last night we finally let Ryleigh sleep in the room with Emma and they did wonderful. Neither of them woke the other one up. I was so nervous all night that I woke up every hour and watched them on the monitor for a few minutes. I know that they will get used to each other but I'm just glad we got the first night out of the way and it went wonderful. Hopefully, it will continue. Ryleigh continues to do well with eating. She has had pears and sweet potatoes so far and eats about 2 oz. of food a day. I'm really looking forward to her sitting up over the next couple of months. She is in the in-between stage of not having many places to put her because she doesn't want to lay down but she can't sit up so I think that frustrates her. We will also be putting her in her convertible carseat this week. Carrying this 16 lb baby up 3 flights of stairs in her infant carseat is KILLING me. So it will be so much easier to just to get her out at the car and carry her by herself.

Also, HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY TO MY LITTLE HAILEY BUG!!!

No comments: