Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July/Birthday Celebration

Yesterday we went to my mom and dads for the big 4th of July cookout and also to celebrate my dad and Autumn's birthday. My dads birthday was yesterday and Autumn's is today!!! Happy Birthday! We got Emma some little swimmies and she did so great with them. She even floated by herself a few times. Ryleigh wasn't the best yesterday so Josh and I went back and forth taking care of her. She is sort of going through a "I want mommy or I'll scream phase". Sometimes she'll let other people hold her for a few minutes but then starts fussing, but when I pick her up, she is perfectly happy. We had chicken, hotdogs, corn, ice cream pie, and some other little things. It was great to see some family that I haven't seen in a while. I think the best part of the day was watching Autumn and Katie go down the slip n slide. Hopefully Autumn will have some pictures of that. It was hil-ar-ious!We finally got home and got both girls asleep and Josh and I were really looking forward to laying down and getting some rest when all of a sudden some firecrackers go off and scare us have to death. Now, we fully expected to hear fireworks last night but these were toooo close. So Josh got up and looked out the window and saw that a man was setting them off right outside our window. I, ofcourse, was furious!! Ryleigh started tossing and turning and he if would have woke her up I would have been angry. So we waited for him to stop and when he didn't, Josh went outside and "politlely" asked him to stop. There is no reason he needs to be setting off fireworks that close to condo buildings. Anyway, luckily neither of the girls woke up. Even though it's technically a holiday, Josh has so work today. :[ But hopefully we can get out of the house once he gets home. But for now, enjoy some super cute pics of my beautiful girls.

No comments: