Wednesday, June 15, 2011

::burned fingers&a monkey on the bed::

Sunday night while we were at my mom and dads house we were cooking dinner and Emma came up to my mom and said her fingers hurt. We looked at them (thinking that she had smashed one or something) but they seemed ok. Later on that night my mom was moving them around and Emma never complained that they hurt so I didn't think much of it. The next day she had blisters. She had burned herself on something but I wasn't even thinking that it was something at moms house. I assumed it was at home and I went around everywhere trying to figure out where she had burned them. Last night I noticed the blisters were getting bigger so I decided to call the doctor. I mainly wanted to know what I should do to treat them and also what happens when the blister pops. I had never dealt with this before on a 2 year old so I just wanted to get her checked out. I took her to the doctor this afternoon and Dr. Lowe said she had 2nd degree burns and that we should keep a close eye on them. Normally she would dress them in guaze but with Emma only being 2, she wouldn't leave them on anyway. We still don't know what she burned herself on. We were standing at the stove the whole time and Emma never screamed or cried or anything. Dr. Lowe said she could have very easily touched a piece of metal outside and since its been soooo hot, that could have done it. I guess we may never know. But they don't seem to really bother her. I just hope they heal quickly.



A couple of weeks ago Ryleigh started climbing up on Emma's bed to play. I found her sitting on it one day playing and was surprised that she could get up there with her short little legs. It has become her favorite spot and she will stay there a while and play by herself.

Climbing up....
Almost there.....
Finally!!

She will run from one end to the other and also check out all the scews. Most of the time she puts a ton of toys on the bed and just sits. It won't be long before she will be in a big girl bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmryleigh your tight little ass is ready baby girl let me get your nappy off and lube your hole