Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day

Would you believe that this past weekend was Father's Day and I didn't take one picture of Josh?! Where is my head lately?? It was just a busy weekend and I wasn't thinking. Saturday after the girls got up from their naps we had to go grocery shopping because Josh's parents and his brother Sam came over for dinner. Josh grilled some brats and hamburgers. They were soooo good and it was great to visit with everyone. The girls love with they come over. They completely forget about mommy and daddy and enjoy playing with "new" people. Sunday morning me and the girls took Josh out for breakfast at Tex &Shirleys. Josh picked the place of course. It was really good and we haven't been able to do that in a long time. After the girls nap we headed up to Stokesdale to spend time with my family. When we got there we had planned on swimming but it was getting windy and the radar said there was a lot of rain coming. So we decided to play outside a little bit instead. But around 4:30 or so the sun came out and so the girls, Autumn, William, mom, and dad decided to swim for a little bit before dinner. Ryleigh stayed inside playing with Josh. I think he was perfectly happy because he got to watch the US Open. (his perfect Father's day) :) After dinner we headed home and barely got the girls in bed in time. For Father's Day the girls and I put together a picture frame to hang in his office. I forgot to take a picture of it though. I got a picture frame from Target that had a white frame and a white mat and held an 8x10 picture. I used washable paint and put the girls footprints on the mat and then I picked out pictures to put inside. I wanted to make a collage and I'm so glad that Autumn could do that for me. It would have taken me all day to get it right. So I picked out 3 pictures of Emma and 3 of Ryleigh. It turned out really good and I loved it. Josh did too. He is so excited to hang it. We had a great day and I was so glad to spend this weekend with the Father's that mean the most to us.

No comments: