Monday, June 27, 2011

Catch Up

I can't believe I haven't blogged in a week, but nothing big has really been happening. Just the say old day to day stuff. I can't believe June is almost over. However, I'm glad summer is going by quickly. I hate the heat and I'm ready for some cool fall days. But we still have to get through July and August.

I have decided to start couponing. I have been thinking about doing it for a long time but just never got the motivation to do it and now I can't figure out why I didn't start sooner. I got my binder and I've been clipping tons of coupons on Sundays and so far I've only made a few shopping trips but I'm happy with the savings that I'm seeing. I still have a lot to learn but so far, it's really helping. I will by no means be an "extreme couponer". I will NOT stockpile tons of supplies and food just because it's on sale. But I love finding good deals now and getting enough that will last so that I won't have to pay full price.

I also completed a project that I have been wanting to do. I bought some chalkboard paint and painted a large picture frame that I wasn't using. We hung it in the kitchen to write Bible verses on. My hope is that it will be a reminder to all of us but also to teach Emma some verses as she gets older.

The girls are still as cute, stubborn, fun, strong willed as usual. Josh and I were just talking the other day about how Emma has just started talking so much and really having conversations with us. We are in the process of getting her into private speech therapy since we moved and I'm hoping that it will help her even more. I think the main are she is struggling in is forming sentences. Instead of saying "Mommy, can I have a snack?", she says "mama, snack time". She still gets her point across just not in true sentence form.

Ryleigh is growing up so fast. She is really starting to look like a little girl, and not my baby. She has her own little personality and mostly keeps to herself. She is still my little sidekick and I am probably her favorite person. She is still doing wonderful with putting herself to sleep. The girls both go to bed at 7:30 and get up around 7am. They also nap from 11:30-1:30. They will both go to sleep on their own and I can't even remember the last time I really had to get up in the middle of the night. As they get older I can't help but think that we don't have babies anymore.

This weekend is July 4th aka my dad's birthday. Autumns birthday is on the 5th so we will be celebrating x3 this weekend. We always have a big cookout and I'm looking forward to seeing all the family.

Emma turns 3 in two months and 3 days. The past several months I thought I was going to do a Minnie Mouse party. Emma loves Minnie Mouse so I knew it would be perfect. After I got the party planned out, Emma informed me that she wanted a Hello Kitty party. She is BIG into Hello Kitty now, so I have switched gears and am now starting to plan again. I am really looking forward to it.

I think that has us all caught up. Hope you all have a great Monday.

No comments: