Friday, March 29, 2013

Our Days


So I've been thinking about doing a "day in the life" post for a while but just never did it. But I think it would be neat to look back a few years from now and see how our days have changed. As the kids get older we are able to change things up and do more things. Here is what a typical day looks like for us. 


6am-Grayson wakes up. I try to get him to go back to sleep until 7 but they usually doesn't work. He's awake and hungry! So I bring him to our bedroom and feed him his bottle while catching up one of my shows from the night before. Josh is usually getting ready for work during this time. Some days he leaves at 5   and some days he leaves at 7. Just depends on what is going on for him that particular day.

7-7:30- Emma and Ryleigh wake up. I will then fix their milk and they will start drinking that while I fix their breakfast. While they eat their breakfast Grayson will sit in his nap nanny and watch cartoons and I usually clean up the kitchen and unload the dishwasher.

8am-Grayson goes down for a 30-45 minute nap. The girls will sit down and watch some cartoons and then Emma usually starts coloring while Ryleigh works a puzzle.

9am-I feed Grayson his bottle

9:30-10:30- We play on the floor and Grayson rolls around. Emma colors all day long and Ryleigh kinda just plays with a lot of different things. This is also the time that I will go out if I need to. Yesterday we went to Target during this time. 

10:30am-Nap time for Grayson. He will usually nap around 1 hr 15 min- 1 1/2 hrs.
During nap time I will usually take the girls in our room and we will watch a movie or something because it's easier to keep them quiet so Grayson can sleep. This is usually the time I will take a shower to and give the girls a bath if they need one. 

12pm- Grayson wakes up and has another bottle. After he eats I fix the girls lunch and clean up some. 

1:30-Grayson goes down for another nap.

3pm-Grayson wakes up and has another bottle.

4:30-Grayson takes a little catnap

5:30-Grayson has a bottle. I will usually feed him while Josh starts dinner.

6pm-We eat dinner and then I will clean up the kitchen while Josh plays with the girls and Grayson. After I clean up the kitchen I start getting everything ready for bed. I get Grayson's room ready and bring his bath tub into the kitchen.

7pm-I start Grayson's bath while Josh gets the girls ready for bed.

7:15-I'm finishing up Grayson's bath and the girls are in the bed. After I get G's pj's and sleep blanket on I feed him his last bottle and then put him in the bed. He is usually asleep by 7:45

The girls play in their Innotabs in the bed and usually fall asleep between 8:30-9. 

After everyone is in the bed Josh and I have a chance to actually sit down and rest and usually watch a few shows. We've been trying to go to sleep between 9:30 and 10. 

During the day I am always picking up the house and doing laundry. I try to do those things while Grayson is napping. We spend a lot of time coloring, painting, doing puzzles, etc. Once it warms up we will be able to go outside a lot. I can't wait!!

Right now my day revolves a lot around feeding Grayson and putting him down for his naps. As he gets older this will change al ot but for right now, this is our normal. 

No comments: