Thursday, September 25, 2008

1 Month Check-Up

I took Emma to the pediatrician this morning for her 1 month checkup. She weighed 7lbs 10 oz!!! Can you believe it? I can't. I was just as shocked as the doctor was. She gained 9 oz in 6 days! She is in the 25th percentile. Not that high...but atleast she's growing. The doctor thinks maybe she just went through a little growth spurt because she is still eating the same as she has been since she was born. She still isn't up to her birth weight but she's not far from it. She is now 21 in. long too. She was 19 1/2 in. when she was born. Dr. Lowe seems to think that she will be tall and skinny. [Wonder where she got that from??] Josh was out of town last night so it was the first night that I had to take care of Emma by myself. It actually went really good. She did great. She just had a couple of times where she wanted to get up and play. But she didn't cry or fuss at all. Josh is coming home today. I'm sure he missed her so much. It's the the first time he has had to be gone since she was born. :[