Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Weight Check-Up

It took her almost 6 weeks but Emma is FINALLY back up to her birth weight. Today she is 8lbs!!! I am so excited. She isn't gaining weight as well as they would like her to though. Newborns are supposed to gain between 1/2 an ounce to 1 ounce per day. Right now she isn't even gaining the 1/2 ounce per day. But she's getting there. She is eating good and her color looks good so they aren't worried about her. She still seems so little. But I can definitely tell she's gotten longer. Emma is still wearing newborn clothes too. Before she was born, I figured that she would wear newborn clothes maybe 2 weeks, but they are still a little big on her so I guess we are getting our moneys worth out of them. I am so glad that she is finally gaining weight.

No comments: