Tuesday, December 30, 2008

4 Months Old!

Our baby girl is growing up so fast. Josh and I say that to each other atleast once a day. Everyday brings something different. She has learned to do so many things this past month. She laughed for the first time a couple of days ago. It was such a sweet sound to hear. I tried to get it on video but once I got it out, she was more interested in looking at it. She has still only rolled over once but I'm sure she will start doing it more very soon. She loves to sit up. She doesn't have the strength to sit up by herself yet but she will sit on your lap all day long if you let her. Emma also loves to stand up. She can stand up for a long time while you hold her hands. Santa brought her a leap frog table for christmas and she can stand at it by herself and play a little bit. She has also learned to hold onto things and bring them to her mouth. Yesterday she grabbed on my finger and brought it to her mouth and starting chewing on it. It was absolutely the cutest thing ever. I think she is probably around 14 lbs now. I'm not too sure. She is still in her 3 month clothes too. She fits into her size 1 diapers but just yesterday we decided to try the size 2's because at night she has been waking up wet because the size 1's just can't hold it. So we are hoping the size 2's will help. Emma has also started sleeping in her crib. She is on her 3rd night right now. She went into her crib the first night with no problem. She slept the entire night. It didn't bother her one bit. I think she might be going through a little growth spurt now. She is eating constantly it seems like. I can definetly tell that she is ready to start eating some food. She goes for her 4 month checkup in a couple of weeks and I'm sure her doctor will start her on some cereal. I can't wait to start that next step in her life. I'm looking forward to all the messy faces and food everywhere.....not to mention the killer diapers. Josh and I went to look at high chairs last night and found the one that we like but we didn't get it yet. I think she will really enjoy sitting up at our level when we eat dinner. Within the past few weeks, Emma has also started crying real tears. It breaks my heart to see those tears roll down her cheeks. She still is a pretty happy baby though. She gets extremely mad when she's hungry and she also fusses a little when she gets sleepy but other than that, she doesn't fuss too much. She has started teething already so hopefully that won't be too much of an unpleasant experience. Everyday seems to bring something new. She is the most amazing little person ever and I love watching her change and develop her own little personality. She has our heart and we both love her so much.

No comments: