Friday, December 26, 2008

Emma's First Christmas

Josh and I absolutely loved spending Emma's 1st Christmas with her. I had to work Christmas eve night but luckily I was able to get off a little early so that I could wake up with them on christmas morning. Emma is only 3 1/2 months old so she doesn't understand anything but it really was a special time for us. We opened up all of Emmas presents. Ofcourse, she would rather play with the ribbon. She got a lot of 6 months+ toys because she isn't too interested in much right now and they are toys that she can play with for a while. After opening up presents with Emma, we went to my mom and dads house to have breakfast and open up gifts. Josh and I got a digital picture frame and some other cool stuff. We were so excited. I had been wanting one for so long. After leaving my mom and dads house we went to Josh's aunts house to have lunch with his moms side of the family. Then when we left there we went back to Josh's parents house to open up gifts. We didn't go to the Joyners as planned because we were all absolutely exhausted. I had worked christmas eve and I also worked christmas night with hardly any sleep. I didn't want to sleep throught christmas day. So Josh and I decided to come home and get everything cleaned up. We put together Emma's toys and also put pictures on our new digital picture frame. It was nice to just be at home on Christmas night and relax. I feel like Christmas definitely flew by this year. It seems like just yesterday it was Thanksgiving. But I'm kind of glad that the holidays are over. Next year will be so much more fun because Emma will be walking around and playing. She can also open her own gifts. I can't wait. We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Musical JungleSam opening up a presentMom and Dad got an Emma mug! Mom opening up a presentJosh got a new watchLook what Santa left for Emma! Our Christmas treeCookies for Santa

1 comment:

Hollifields said...

I'm glad she had a great Christmas and you guys too! We missed you at the Joyners.