Friday, July 17, 2009

6 Weeks

So we are 6 weeks along today. Not very far, but each week gets us closer. This week has been pretty good. I haven't gotten sick yet....but I'm just waiting for it. With Emma, I got sick during my sixth week and it lasted until I was 26 weeks so we'll see. The only real "pregnancy" things I'm going through right now is peeing and food cravings. For the last day or two, all I've wanted is some Japanese rice, chicken, and soup, Mexican cheese dip, homemade chips from Brick Oven, and cheese fries from Rock Ola. Doesn't that sound so good. Maybe I'll get atleast one of them this weekend. [sticking out my bottom lip for Josh:] ] Two different things happened at work this week. A good friend of mine was 12..almost 13 weeks pregnant and lost her baby. So this week was filled with joy yet sadness for me all at the same time. Please pray for her as she goes throught this tough time. I hope and pray that I never have to be in her shoes. On a happier note, I found out last night that a girl I work with is pregnant and is due 3 days before me. I swear, I think something is in the water in the NICU. We now have 7 girls pregnant. That's crazy! I go to the doctor next Thursday for an ultrasound and I'm really excited to see this little peanut....and ofcourse the little heartbeat that will put my mind to ease a little bit. One thing I'm really excited about is that Josh and I have already picked names....well actually, we have had a boy name picked out for years. The girl name was sorta picked out while I was pregnant with Emma. We are still working on middle names but we have plenty of time. But atleast picking out names is one less thing we need to do. I am really looking forward to the weekend and having time to relax a little bit....and ofcourse, the Family Reunion on Sunday. I enjoy seeing everyone and ofcourse...maybe a little Tator Tot Casserole....yummm.

No comments: