Thursday, September 10, 2009

1 Year Check-Up

This morning Josh and I took Emma for her 1 year check-up. First they weighed her and measured how tall she is. She weighed in at 21 lbs 1.5 oz, which puts her in the 50th percentile for her age. She was also 29 1/4 in. tall....also in the 50th percentile. So I guess, she's about average. Then Emma had to get her finger pricked and also 4 shots. One shot in each arm and then one in each leg. :[ She didn't cry at all when they pricked her finger. I was sitting down filling out some paperwork and Josh was holding her while the nurse stuck her. I was just waiting to hear her scream but she didn't. I had to look up and make sure she was ok because I didn't hear a peep. It just really shocked me because even finger pricks hurt me. So after that, the doctor came in and examined her and answered any questions we had. The nurse came in again after that and did the four other shots. Emma cried for a minute or two and then was fine. Other than the big bruise she was on her left arm from the shot, she is doing just fine. In other news, I'm so happy to say that we are now a zero formula family!!! For any of you who were not able to breast feed and have been buying formula since your baby was born, you know what a big deal this is. $25.00 a can really adds up over a year. Emma has always had a very sensitive stomach and I've been trying to switch her over to real milk for a while now but she couldn't do whole milk. It just tore her stomach up too much. I was able to switch her to 1%....but the doctor said that she really needs 2%. So she said that we can do the 1% for a little bit and then wean her over to 2%. Overall, it was a great check-up and we are so blessed to have a healthy little 1 year old.

No comments: