Sunday, September 27, 2009

Things for Baby

So Josh and I have started to pick out things that we will be getting for the new baby. Here are a few things we have already decided on.

We knew that we would need a new carseat. With Emma, we had the most awesome travel system, made by chicco. Since we didn't plan on having any more kids for a while, we sold it on Craigslist because we just didn't really have room to store it. Plus, with a second baby, the stroller wouldn't be any good. I loved that carseat though. Especially the colors of it. But, that print is only sold with the stroller, so we had to pick out a new one. This is the Chicco Extreme. I love the colors of it also. The orange on it is not as bright in person as it is in the picture. It is more of a burnt orange. It also comes with two pads that go on the bottom and the head. The carseat is already crash-tested with these pieces in them so I don't have to worry about affecting the safety of the carseat by adding something else for when the baby is an infant. Chicco makes the BEST carseats. They are rated the safest carseat in America and I absolutely LOVE them.The next thing we had to decide on was a double stroller. Emma still loves to be in her stroller so we wanted to find one that would work out great for both of them. We fell in love with the Contours Options Double Stroller. While we were at Babies R Us one day, Josh and I took this baby for a test drive and it was awesome. Ofcourse, like any other double stroller, it is a little bulky but thats ok, I just want the kids to be comfortable and enjoy riding in it. I love that both of the seats are able to face which ever way we want them too. The stroller also comes with a car seat adapter which is awesome. It has a huge basket underneath, which I think a lot of strollers lack these days. Overall, it is an awesome stroller and I can't wait to play with it some more. I recently discovered that this stroller is available in blue too so I'm not sure which one we will get.
Since I had breast reduction surgery back in 2006, I knew that I would probably not be able to breast feed. With Emma, I tried, and tried, and tried but it just didn't work out. My milk never really came in and she was getting so frustrated because she wasn't getting enough. She has had formula ever since she was born. It is so frustrating when I tired to pump and only got maybe 1-2 ounces in 20-30 minutes. So with this new baby, I will try but I pretty much know that this will have to be a bottle-baby too. Josh and I are already prepared for buying formula another year. So after all that, bottles are one thing that are very important to me. It is one of the big items that we will use multiple times a day and I don't mind spending a few extra dollars to get good bottles that will last. Emma's bottles were used when they were given to us before she was born and since she has used them for a year now, I feel like it is time for some new ones. So these are the ones I've picked out. They are the Weil Baby bottles. They are fairly new and they are proven to reduce air...which is a big thing for all babies. So I will probably get a few and try them and then once we see that they work for us, then we can get some more. Weil Baby also offers pacis too, in blue or pink, that match the nipple on the bottle so there is no confusion when we go back and forth. Emma has loved her paci ever since she was born, so I'm hoping this baby does too.

No comments: