Thursday, September 17, 2009

14 Week Check-Up

This morning I went to the doctor for my 14 week check-up. I thought that the doctor was just going to check the heartbeat with the doppler but he decided to do an ultrasound in the room to make sure that the tear he had seen a couple of weeks ago was gone and IT WAS!! Thank you Lord. I can't tell you all how terrified I've been about that, and I'm so glad that everything is exaclty how it should be now. However, he did change my due date again. I got pushed back another 4 days so now my new due date is March 20th.[only 3 days before my birthday] It's not a huge deal, but I feel like every time I'm making some progress and getting farther along, the due date changes and I get pushed back. But he said that now that I'm 14 weeks or so, the due date won't change anymore. He thinks that since I have PCOS and was never "supposed" to ovulate, that I just ovulated a lot later than the normal pregnant girl, so that's why it keeps changing. They have to rely only on the size of the baby as opposed to be able to look at dates too. So, no big deal, just a little frustrating. One of my main problems right now, is that I'm not sleeping good at all. I've been working 3rd shift for about 5 years now and I've never had a problem with sleeping during the day or switching my schedule around until now.....not even the past year with having Emma. But now, everytime I get a chance to sleep, it takes me forever to fall asleep and then I wake up several times and sometimes can't even go back to sleep. Not only does it make me absolutely exhausted all the time but I think it is part of the cause that I get up feeling really sick and stay that way throughout the day. So my doctor gave me a prescription for Ambian and I'm really hoping that it helps. My next appointment is in about 3 weeks when I go for the big anatomy ultrasound and then we will know if Emma is going to have a little brother or sister. Everyone keeps asking me what we want to have and I honestly will be ecstatic either way. There are different reasons why I would want another girl and why I would want a boy. Either way, we just want a healthy baby and that's all that matters. I think since working in the NICU, I have realized that having healthy babies is a bigger blessing that most people realize and sometimes take for granted. I just can't wait to find out what we are having so that we can prepare for little peanuts arrival. :]

2 comments:

Hollifields said...

I'm so glad everything is going well!

Unknown said...

Jenny, I know how worried you've been and I'm so glad everything looks good now. You and "Peanut" are in my prayers every day (Josh and Emma too of course). I love you.
Nancy