Tuesday, September 15, 2009

14 Weeks!

Today marks 14 weeks for me and baby Peanut. I thought time would fly by with working and keeping up with Emma but I don't really think it has. But I'm happy to be done with the 1st trimester. The first 12 weeks are a bit scary for anyone who is pregnant. I haven't really been too sick this time. I can usually tell when I'm not feeling "quite right" and maybe shouldn't eat anything or it will make me sick. I am getting better about that. I get carsick very easily now. I'm hoping that will pass soon, as we have a few trips planned the next couple of months. I am having to take it "extrememly easy" lately because of a couple of complications that I've had over the last couple of weeks. At my last doctors appointment, I did the elective early screen ultrasound. While doing the ultrasound, I started to bleed and the tech noticed that I was contracting a little bit. The doctor came in and looked at everything and noticed a small tear in the placenta. [talk about being scared to death] So he sent me home on bed rest and said he thought that it would heal itself in a couple of days. So I went back for another ultrasound 2 days later and everything looked great. He could barely...if at all...see the tear anymore. [Praise the Lord] So I was told to just take it extremely easy for while and everything should be ok. A few days later, we went out to eat with my mom, Katie, and Victoria at Sagebrush. On the way home I was feeling very sick and while I was walking up the stairs to the condo I felt a sharp pain on my left side. As soon as I made it upstairs I completely lost everything I ate[TMI I know] and the pain on my left side got much worse. So I called the after hours nurse and she said that she thought I was contracting again and put me on bed rest for 48 hours...with only bathroom privileges. So after that, everything has been ok so far. I'm still trying to take it easy. I haven't been doing too much around the house and I've been trying not to pick up Emma as much. I think it's really helping. I'm hoping that this is the end of all of that and everything will be ok from here on out. I am so thankful for everyone for helping us out over the last couple of weeks. You guys are the best. I'm so glad to know that we have you if we ever need help. At my ultrasound, I was also able to hear the heartbeat for the first time as opposed to just being able to see it. I actually started feeling little flutters about 11 weeks. I thought that I was going crazy because I thought it was too early. I knew that with the 2nd pregnancy I would feel them sooner....but 11 weeks....that's crazy. But everyone I've talked to said that they felt flutters with their 2nd child between 10-12 weeks. So I guess I'm not that crazy. Then last night, I started feeling tiny kicks. They were a little harder than than the flutters I had been feeling. I go to the doctor on Thursday for another check-up and then we will find out what we are having the middle of October!

2 comments:

Hollifields said...

I'm glad things are getting alitter better for you. I can't wait to find out what you're having...wouldn't it be something to have another girl. I'm hoping for a boy. We need a little boy!

Anonymous said...

A boy would be nice but it doesn't really matter to me. I Love little girls, so I'll be ecstatic with either. :]