Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Grab Your Tissues

This week at work we are having a class on Pallative Care. This video called "Choosing Thomas" is being shown to everyone. I haven't been to the class but I watched the video with a few of the girls at work online. This is such an amazing but very heartbreaking video. It only lasts about 10 minutes. I'm going to warn you though...this is probably going to be one of the sadest videos that you've ever seen. It is about a couple who found out that their baby had Trisomy 13. They knew that this was fatal however decided to proceed with the pregnancy and have it filmed for a documentary. Some of you will wonder why in the world would I ever want someone to watch this. At work, this is what I have to see and deal with. Yes, I see alot of premature babies, some make it and some don't. It is very hard to see a family go through something like this, and at times, I even have to just walk away and try to focus on something else. But this video helps you to understand what some of those parents go through and it also makes me appreciate the little girls that I have and treasure every moment I have with them. So I definitely recommend watching this but just grab your tissues first. Click on this link http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/photography/2009/thomas2/

1 comment:

Hollifields said...

I cried all through this Jenny! After watching that I went and just watched Hailey sleep for over 30 minutes. I cannot imagine what this is like.