Friday, August 13, 2010

5 Months

My little Ryleigh bear is 5 months old today!

Here is what she is up to:

-She loves to play in her jumper

-She doesn't really care for her swing but will tolerate it for about 10-15 min. at a time

-She is eating 2 meals of baby food a day. She has eaten pears, bananas, sweet potatoes, apples, and strawberries. She loves everything except for peaches. I've tried peaches 3 times and she hates them. I am still making her baby food and I love it. It doesn't take a lot of time and saves so much money.

-She sleeps around 12 hours at night.....getting up once to eat around midnight. I can usually feed her and have her in the bed asleep in about 45 min. She takes about 3 naps a day, each lasting 1 1/2-2 hours.

-She is taking about 4-5 bottles per day of 6 oz. each.
-She is still in an "I want no one but mommy" mood; she will tolerate someone else for about 10 minutes but then she is looking for me.

-She is doing a great job at going to sleep by herself. Once I lay her down in her crib, it usually only takes about 5 min for her to fall asleep. I may have to go in there and calm her down but it's usually only once.

-She loves Sophie the Giraffe. These past few weeks she has been teething. Those two bottom teeth are right on the verge of breaking through. Hopefully they will come sooner rather than later.....for her sake.....and my sanity.

-She can roll both ways and now we are practicing sitting up.
-She has the most beautiful blue eyes.

-She has become wonderful at riding in the car. She rarely cries anymore and loves to look out the window.

-She has become so aware of things around her and she loves to watch Emma and smile at her.

-I have started to let her watch a little baby einstein but she doesn't really care for it.
-She LOVES bath time. Pretty soon she will be sitting up to take a bath and I know she will enjoy that even more.

-She has been given the nickname "Pixie Stick". Her Nana[my mom] gave it to her. I have no idea where she got it but I love it and it's cute!

-She has started to get a little bit of juice once a day. I have tried two different sippy cups to see if she would take it but she didn't care for it, but thats ok....shes only 5 months so I'm not worried. We'll try again in a couple of weeks.

Happy 5 months my sweet little Ryleigh. I love you so much. :-)

No comments: