Monday, August 30, 2010

Birthday Fun!!

Today Josh only worked a half day, and then came home to spend time with us...especially Emma. We planned a special trip to Build-a-Bear. I was on the fence whether Emma was old enough, and in some ways she is, but in other ways she's not. I forgot to take my camera in the store but it wouldn't have mattered because I was too busy chasing Emma and helping her. Once we got in the store I took her to pick out what she wanted to build. She looked at a few and then picked up a little frog and handed it to me. So then she went and helped stuff her. I then lifted her up and let her grab a heart, and she put it inside. While the lady was sewing her up, I helped Emma pick out a little outfit. It was too cute. A little pink top with flowers and capri jeans, something I could definitely see Emma wearing. Once the frog was stitched up, Emma took it over to the "bath" area. She laid her on the table and there was a little thing you push with your feet and it blew air out to clean your animal off. Once I showed her how to do that, thats. ALL. she. wanted. to. do!! We had to pry her away from it long enough to dress the frog and make a birth certificate. We chose to name her "Bubbles" because that was technically Emma's first word. She carried her all the way out to the car and hugged her the whole way home. Once we got home she made sure to show Bubbles around and even let her ride in her new baby stroller and tricycle. It was so cute. I'm so glad we took her. It was a great way to spend her birthday!Josh and I let Emma open most of her birthday presents yesterday at her party, but we wanted to make sure we left one for her to open on her actual birthday. So today she got a little bassinet for her baby dolls. I screwed up really bad because I THOUGHT when I bought this that it came with the bassinet and a baby doll but we were kind of disappointed when she opened it and then realized that it was only a bassinet. But that's ok. She has baby dolls that she can use it with. I felt so bad, but I picked it up when I was shopping with both girls, and surely you moms out there can understand why I didn't have time to read the whole box before purchasing. I just mainly looked at the picture and in the pictures was a baby in the bassinet. Oh well.Emma got this cool alphabet and numbers mat puzzle from Josh's mom and dad. We took some of it out and put it together for Emma to play with. She loves puzzles and can always find where things go. She had tons of fun taking pieces out and putting them back together. It's been such a fun day. Emma has been going non-stop all day playing with all her new toys. Emma has had a great birthday!


Happy Birthday little Emma. Mommy and Daddy love you so much!

No comments: