Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Changes...

The past week, Josh and I have been really busy making a lot of changes around the house. We have been wanting to do these things for a long time and now with Emma's up coming party this Sunday, we thought this was the perfect time. My goal is to make a ton more room in our living room. So we mounted our t.v. above our fireplace and Josh ran wire to mount all of our surround sound speakers around the t.v. Now we can get the big t.v. stand out of the way and clear up a lot of space. Also, last night we switched our couch and loveseat around and believe it or not it makes the room look so much bigger. It didn't really create a lot more room but we have more room in different places now. I have moved around several toys and Emma's toy box. It looks like a completely different living room. I'm so excited.[I'll take pictures soon]

I can.not.wait. till Emma's party Sunday. I have put a lot of effort into planning it and I hope everything goes as planned. We got Emma's birthday presents Monday and I'm want to give them to her so bad but I know waiting till Sunday will be worth it. We have a super busy weekend coming up but I've made all of my lists so that nothing is forgotten. I've even made Josh a "honey do list" that he actually is working on completing...instead of ignoring it like he usually does. ;-)

In other news. Last night Ryleigh slept all night in the same room as her sister. She takes all of her naps in her crib and we have been trying to get her moved into her crib at night for some time. Usually she only makes it part of the night and then I put her back in her pack n play for the other part. It's mostly my fault because I haven't been as consistent with making her sleep in her crib at night. But last night, she slept from 8:30-1 and then 1:45-7:45 in her crib. Her and Emma woke up at the same time and neither of them woke the other up during the night. So we are making progress. I knew having a 2 year old and 5 month old in the same room was going to be challenging but I'm trying to embrace the challenge instead of stressing over it. It will all be alright and we'll figure it out. It's just going to take some time.

OK, gotta go wrap some birthday presents. Only 4 days till the party!...and 5 days till my baby girl turns 2!!!

No comments: