Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Our Day With Nana!

We had such a fun morning and afternoon with Nana. As I was getting Emma dressed before my mom came I picked out some jeans and a long sleeved shirt for her to wear and after I put her jeans on, I held up the shirt and she said "no". Well, I put it on her anyway and she threw a fit. So I took it off and asked her which one she wanted to wear. I held up different shirts and she kept saying no. So I lifted her up and let her choose and she chose a dress! I had to tell her no. She couldn't wear a dress to the playground, but she didn't understand. She was so upset with me. I can't believe my Emma has turned into a prissy little girl wanting to wear dresses. Anyway, my mom came over around 10 and we took the girls to City Lake Park in High Point since it was so nice outside. We were the only ones there and it was so wonderful to have the place to ourselves. Emma loved having Nana go through the playground and go down the slides with her. I let Ryleigh down to play but she couldn't quite walk on the uneven mulch very well and she kept falling and trying to eat it. But she did get to slide a couple of times.




After the playground, we met Autumn for lunch at Red Robin since her girls were at school. Target had their kids' sunglasses on sale yesterday for $2.99 so I let Emma pick out a pair. She LOVES them and never wants to take them. She even wore them almost the whole time we were in the restaurant. At lunch Autumn gave me some Kohls cash that she had that she wasn't going to use so after we left Red Robin we went to Kohls and got the girls a few short sleeve shirts and some capris and shorts. It's slowly becoming spring time and my girls need clothes, so this really helped alot. Thanks Autumn!!

We had a blast with Nana today and look forward to when she can come play with us again!

(yes, I know my pictures aren't great, but Josh is out of town and took my nice camera....again, so this will have to do!)

No comments: