Monday, October 7, 2013

:Daisy::

A couple of weeks ago I signed Emma up for Girl Scouts. Emma is not really your average 5 year old. She is not that into playing outside a lot or even playing with toys. She will spend all day coloring, doing puzzles, or anything else that is "crafty." Because she doesn't really like to play outside a lot and also because she hates to be dirty, I knew that sports probably weren't going to interest her too much right now. However, I really wanted her to get involved in something and meet some new friends. Being homeschooled, she doesn't get a lot of interaction with children her age. That's where Girl Scouts come in. I knew that it would be perfect for her. She will have the opportunity to do lots of fun things and also meet new friends. Last week she had a meet and greet where she mostly just colored while I got a ton of papers to fill out. She had fun though and was so excited to a start. 

This is Emma at the meet and greet. 

Today was her very first meeting. We went to the girlscout shop this morning to get her vest and the "starter" patches and pins. She will earn other patches through the year as she completes certain things. 

I dropped her off and she never looked back. She said she had lots of fun and can't wait to go back. I am so glad that she is involved in an organization like this. They have so many events planned already that sound so exciting and I'm looking forward to the whole family getting involved also. 



Ryleigh wasn't too happy about not being able to stay with Emma so I took her for some froyo. 
 

No comments: