Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Feel Better Soon

Our little Emma is sick. Yesterday, I noticed she just wasn't acting like herself. She slept through most of the day and she only had 2 bottles in 24 hours.[usually she has about 5 or 6 if shes really hungry] Well, last night we gave her a bottle and then I got her ready for bed. She laid in our bed with me for a little bit before I had to go to work. Then all of a sudden she just projected vomit all over her, me, and the bed. It just kept coming out and she was choking before I could even get up and turn her on her side. I screamed for Josh to come help me and by the time he got there she was still throwing up and it was coming out of her nose too. She was crying and also very scared. My heart just broke. I felt so bad for her. I had a feeling that she might get sick because apparently it is being passed around my family. Cheyenne was sick when she was at my mom and dads house on Sunday and I think she decided to share her germies with everyone. It has gone through Autumn, William, my mom, Katie, and now Emma has it. Even though she only threw up once, I went ahead and called the doctor because I wanted to make sure she stayed hydrated. Especially since she had only had 2 bottles all day and she was sleeping most of the day. So we started giving her some pedialyte. She seemed to do ok with it. I talked to Josh about 3:30 this morning and he was going to give her a little more. He also said she wasn't sleeping as soundly as she usually does. Hopefully she will feel better soon and we can get the whole family over this little bug.

1 comment:

Hollifields said...

I'm so sorry. You can't imagine how bad I feel for sharing the germs. We thought it was something she ate and the nurse told me she wasn't contagious! We feel awful we got everyone sick. The good news is is that is only last about 12-24 hours. If there's anything I can do let me know.