Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Calling ALL Mommies....

Any advice would be helpful!

Ryleigh has been doing wonderful at night time. She goes to bed around 8:15 and sleeps till about 3:00 and then eats and goes right back to sleep until 7:30. Well she was getting up at 7:30 up until a few days ago when she started getting up at 6:00. Ryleigh is a tummy sleeper...she has been since she was a month old or so. I start out putting her at the very bottom of her crib but she always ends up at the top with her head stuck in the corner. She moves all over the place. Here's the problem.....I think that this is what's causing her to wake up. Since she moves all over her crib, I got breathable bumpers a while back. They are great except they have no padding and she ends up hitting her head on the wood slats on the crib. I feel like if she didn't hit her head, she may not wake up during the night or at 6:00. I don't want to put regular bumpers in her crib with her moving all over the place, so what else do I do?? You would think that the crib would be big enough for her....but nope! I don't know that this is the reason but otherwise she is sleeping great.

Any tips or advice would be extremely helpful!


*Speaking of Ryleigh......she got her 2nd tooth yesterday!! Now I'm just hoping we get a break before she starts teething again.*

2 comments:

Hollifields said...

IMO, Jen I think that the regular bumpers would be fine. I put Haileys in at around 6 months. If she's moving all over the place then she can move enough to get away from the bumpers. She make sure they are sort of firm and the big fluffy ones. She'll be fine. I don't think, however, that that is why she's waking up. I think that maybe shes just going through one of the phases that in about a week or 2 she'll stop doing and you'll wonder why she stopped all of a sudden. They do this all the time to keep us on our toes! I would make sure she's not going to bed to early after a nap..she should be staying awake for about 2 1/2 hours at a time now..maybe a tad longer before bed. Also enough daytime sleep is crucial...I'm thinking that 2-1 1/2 hour naps is about right for her age for 3 hours total. Look in the babywhisper books I gave you and read up on it. Again, it could just be a phase you have to tough out.

Anonymous said...

We'll I thought it might be a phase too. By I've watched her on the monitor during her naps and she gets up on her knees and pushes so hard into the crib. I've heard her bang her head before so I know She's hitting it pretty hard. And during the day that is what's waking her up. Maybe ill try just putting in the top bumper where she's hitting and see if that makes a difference.