Wednesday, September 22, 2010

We Miss Daddy

Josh is out of town tonight for work and won't be back until late tomorrow night so we thought we would share some pictures from today! I know he already misses the girls but I also know that he is secretly excited about sitting down and relaxing tonight and having a good night sleep. I'm kinda jealous....but we're doing ok at home.

We spent the morning playing at home and doing a little laundry. Ryleigh took an hour and a half nap and once she got up, we headed to the children's museum. I didn't want Emma to nap today so that way she will be really exhausted tonight and won't fight me going to sleep since I have to put both of them down tonight. So we got to the museum around 12:15 and apparently all other kids are napping because the place was empty. Emma loved running around everywhere and they recently got some new things there and we had so much fun checking them all out.

On the way home we made a stop at Babies R Us. After getting some advice from my mom this morning I thought it was time to get Emma a potty. No, I don't think she is ready to really start potty training yet but I want her to get used to it and my plan is let her sit on it when I know she needs to go and hopefully we will make some progress. I am not going to push her at all. I plan on potty training full time this winter. My mom said that when we were little we liked the potties with the lids because we liked to close them when we got done. So that's what Emma got and sure enough, the first thing she did was lift the lid up and down about 15 times. I put it in the bathroom without her seeing it and then brought her into the bathroom to show her. She wasn't too happy with me when I made her leave it in the bathroom though. Ryleigh is now sitting up full time. She rarely topples over. She loves to see how far she can reach to get toys and the only thing she ever does with them is stick them in her mouth. I only have a few hours left until bed time and so far the day has went pretty well. I plan on having a pizza and Dora the Explorer kind of night.

We miss you daddy. Hope you have a great trip. Be safe!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

invite me over mom i will gladly be daddy