Tuesday, January 11, 2011

baby.steps

It has been nearly impossible to get a video of Ryleigh taking steps. If she even sees a camera, she immediately tries to get to it as fast as possible, which means she starts crawling. I tried to get her to start taking steps and then pull the camera up really fast. I was able to catch about 3 or 4 steps so far. Last night Uncle Sam came over to visit with us and Ryleigh took 7 steps for him. It is the most she has taken in a row so far. Josh and I have been working with her a lot and every time she gets a little more steady. I can't wait till she can run around with Emma. She tries so hard to keep up with her but just can't quite yet.

This video is sideways. I tried to get it vertical but when I did, it wouldn't upload...so just turn your head. :-)

2 comments:

Four of a Kind said...

way to go ryleigh! it seems her and lydia are doing things at the same time. i wonder if this is how it was for our parents with autumn and megan!

The Newnams said...

I don't know. It's so funny how kids are different though. You never know when they are going to start doing new things. Emma didn't start walking until the week before her birthday so I kind of expected Ryleigh to be atleast that long, but I think she is trying to keep up with Emma. Happy "early" birthday to Lydia. Hope she has a wonderful 1st birthday.