Monday, January 30, 2012

These Days

I thought I would write a little post about how our days go around here. It's been a while since I've done this and I like to look back and see what it was like when the girls were at certain ages. So feel free to skip over this post....I'm sure it will be long and boring to most of you. 

Emma is about 3 1/2 years old and Ryleigh will be 2 in a month and a half. 
Right now the girls get up anywhere between 7:15-7:45. When they get up I always go get Emma first. As soon as I walk into the room I say Good morning. Emma then says "Good morning mommy, I slept good." Then we go get Ry bear. Ryleigh has been sleeping in her toddler bed for a couple of months now and is doing awesome. In fact, she will not get out of her bed. When she wakes up from nap time or in the morning, she will not get down and play like Emma does. She stays in her bed. We taught her that when she goes to bed she has to stay in her bed and I guess she just doesn't realize she could get down and play when she gets up. As soon as we open her door though she climbs down and give me a big hug. Then they both run to the refrigerator. Neither of them will really do anything until they get their milk. They drink their milk while I make breakfast. They aren't really big breakfast eaters so it is usually a waffle or some french toast sticks. Then we all sit on the couch together under a blanket and watch cartoons while they eat breakfast. My girls are not messy eaters so they sit there very still and eat. We have done this ever since Emma was really little and it is one my favorite times of the day. It's the only time I really get to cuddle with both of them. 

After breakfast I get the girls dressed (or sometimes let them stay in pj's depending on what we have going on that morning). If we are staying home we spend the morning playing, cleaning, doing laundry, reading, coloring,etc. 

Almost every morning Emma asks to go to Target. We do usually end up there about twice a week because we love to just go and look around. 

Around 11:20 we start picking up toys. I usually try to do this 2 or 3 times a day. I always have the girls help me in hopes of teaching them to pick up after themselves. They do a great job and really are a big help. 

At 11:30 I fix lunch and they usually go down for naps around 12:00. Ryleigh naps every day of course, but Emma is starting to only nap certain days. I feel lucky that she has napped everyday for this long, but she is getting old enough that she doesn't really need to. I always put her in her bed though and she will lay there and play with barbies, cars, or books. At least then, she is getting some down time. If Emma doesn't nap I let her come out of her room around 1:00 or so and we go to my room and watch cartoons on the bed. Most days we play Candyland together at that time too.

Ryleigh wakes up around 2:00 everyday. On Tuesdays and Thursdays she has speech therapy at 2, so I have to wake her up a little early to get ready. The girls have a snack at 3:00 everyday too. On Wednesday's Emma has dance class. Around 4:30-5:00 we pick up the few toys that they have gotten out before daddy gets home. Then about 5:15 I start dinner. We eat dinner around 6:00. We usually give the girls a bath after dinner but sometimes I will give them one in the afternoon or morning. Now that it is winter time I can give them one whenever cause we aren't going outside too much, and if I do it before Josh gets home he gets to have more time to spend with them after dinner. We usually bath them every other day. 

The girls go to bed at 7:30. We start getting them ready about 7:20. We pick up toys again, put them in their pj's, give them their Flintstone vitamin, brush their teeth, and then it's time for bed. Ryleigh still sleeps with her glow worm and she also has a sound machine that runs when she is sleeping. Emma sleeps with a combination of barbies, her Lightning McQueen and Mater car, baby dolls, her glow worm, and her flash light. This is also the time we let her use her TAG reader. She usually looks at her book for around 45 minutes before falling asleep. She never gets out of the bed though so she is really good about going to sleep at a decent time. Before I go to bed every night I go in each of their rooms and make sure they are covered up. I always have to find all of the things that Emma is laying on too and put them at the bottom of her bed. Normally she can be found with her hand squeezing her flashlight and her cars under her face.

It seems like our days are about the same around here. We really look forward to the weekends so we can spend time with daddy and also venture out to do different things together.

No comments: