Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Little Randomness

- I bought a new pair of maternity shorts yesterday. Anyone who has been pregnant or is pregnant now, knows how I feel. They are so comfy and stretchy. I don't know why everyone doesn't walk around wearing maternity shorts or pants. :) I also got 3 shirts too. 

-Today is supposed to be the hottest day of the year so far. It's in the lower 90's which means we have been keeping busy inside. My mom and dad are out of town through Sunday but I think we still may go swimming at their house for a little bit this weekend. It will be too hot to do anything else. 

-I have started making a list of everything I/we need to get done before baby gets here. Why is it when you are expecting a baby, there is so much more to do. I notice every little speck of dirt and anything that needs to be cleaned or decluttered. I'm sure the baby doesn't care if my closet needs cleaning out, but it makes me feel better so that's all that matters. Our two big projects will be both of the bedrooms. We have to get the girls new room put together and also the nursery. 

-We are considering enrolling Emma  in a dance class for this fall in the same place that I went to when I was younger. It's a lot closer to home and a great place. She loves to dance so I'm hoping it is something that she will stick with. 

-This week Josh and I have really made an effort to sit down as a family and eat dinner. Most families do that anyway and we used to but that has changed lately. After we moved into this house we got in the routine of feeding the girls around 6pm and then Josh and I would eat after they went to bed around 7:30 or 8. Most of the time it was because we just weren't that hungry at 6pm and then we just got used to eating later. But we have been cooking dinner as a family every night and sitting down together. I love this so much more. 

-Emma's birthday is coming up at the end of August and I'm really trying to let her pick out the theme of her party but everyday it changes. One day it's Cinderella, then ballerina, then Minnie Mouse, the Princess Party....  I'm just going to have to pick one and I'm sure she will love whatever it is. 

-I really want to make a trip back to the beach but it seems like every weekend there is something goes on. Why is summertime always so busy??


No comments: