Tuesday, September 11, 2012

28 Weeks! & Baby Boy's Name!


How far along? 28 Weeks!

Size of Baby: Baby boy is weighing in around 21/4 lbs and is about 14.8 inches long.

Maternity Clothes: Yes

Weight: As of yesterday I gained 2 pounds so I am now 28 pounds down from my pre pregnancy weight.
.
Gender: IT'S A BOY!

Labor Signs: Hopefully not till November or December!

Movement: Last week while we were at the beach his movement really slowed down. I thought that it was because I was just so busy that I didn't notice it like I usually do. But starting Friday night I didn't feel him at all. This continued all weekend but I still thought that it was because I just wasn't sitting down all day long. Sunday night I drank half a mountain dew and laid down for a while and he still didn't move. Since I had not felt him since Friday night, I called the doctor Monday morning and they had me come in right away. They did an ultrasound first and I was very relieved to see his little heartbeat. The doctor said that he had gotten himself into an odd position where I just couldn't feel him. Even during the ultrasound he was moving around a lot and I couldn't feel him. The doctor said that this could continue the rest of the pregnancy or until he got a lot bigger. Luckily our little guy started moving more today. Not as much as usual but hopefully he's getting himself into a better position. 

Sleeping: Doing ok. If I lay on either side for too long it hurts my hips to stand up straight though. I try to turn as otften as I can though. I usually get up 2 times per night to use the bathroom but I can tell I'm going to have to move up to 3 times soon.

What I Miss: nothing

What I am looking forward to: I am looking forward to starting to purchase some new baby stuff soon. We are planning on getting quite a bit done the rest of the month. Also I'm excited that my little sister Katie will be moving in within a couple of weeks. I LOVE spending time with her so this is such a blessing for me. Oh, did I mention I am looking forward to the Fall weather coming.

Cravings/Aversions: Chick-fil-a cookies, chocolate cake, chips and queso, cocoa pebbles

Symptons: Still heartburn, swollen ankles(only at the beach so far)

Best Moment this Week: Seeing our sweet boy yesterday and also......we officially announced his name this past week. We finally agreed on a middle name and let me just say I can not wait to meet this little boy. He is so loved already.

I am so happy to share with you all that our sweet baby boy will be named......

His full name will be Grayson Blake Newnam. Don't you just love it? We do. It is absolutely perfect for this little boy.

Here are a couple of shots from yesterday....taken at 27 weeks 6 days.


Since we already know the date of our c-section, that means we only have about 11 weeks left!! Yay!

No comments: