Friday, May 23, 2008

23 Weeks

This past week has gone by so fast. Last weekend I finally got all my stuff moved out of my parents house. I'm a huge procrastinator so I've been putting it off for a while but Josh and my mom helped me get it all done. So now Emma's room is full of boxes that I need to unpack before we can paint. My mom has recently painted one of the bedrooms in her house so that she can set up a room for the babies. Since my sister has a 4 month old and Emma will be here in September, it will be nice to have somewhere for them to play and take a nap. I can't believe that I am already 23 weeks pregnant. I feel like it's flying by. I haven't really gotten sick for over a week now so I think that I'm in the clear. We'll just have to wait and see if it lasts. I have been eating anything and everything it seems like. [Right now, I'd love to have some Japanese food...and maybe a yoohoo] The only problem I'm really having now is sleeping. I just haven't slept good at all for the past few days. I just can't get comfortable. I usually wake up every couple of hours and try to reposition. Between that and getting up to pee, I'm probably better off just never going to bed. Sometimes I think that Emma thinks that my bladder is her trampoline. Here lately I have to go pee at least every hour. It's really annoying. But I guess when you gotta go....you gotta go. My tummy feels like its growing bigger and bigger by the day. My belly button is starting to get more shallow too. It might just start poking out soon. I have had a hard time feeling Emma kick so far. The past week or so I have felt her a few times on the side of my tummy but not very hard. Just last night she started kicking where I can actually feel her in the front of my tummy. I hope that this will continue and she will continue to kick. Hopefully Josh will be able to feel her soon. Josh and I are leaving for the beach tonight. Today is my little sisters birthday so Josh and I are going to my mom and dads house to have a dinner and a little party for her. So we will be leaving sometime after that. I am not quite sure how this beach trip is going to go. I usually LOVE road trips. But I'm just so afraid that we are going to have to stop every hour so that I can go pee. Plus being 6 months pregnant and riding in a car for 4 hours can't be comfortable. I think this weekend is supposed to be pretty nice at the beach. Hopefully it won't be too hot and humid though. I am really looking forward to spending the weekend with Josh. This is one of the lasts beach trips we will take before Emma is born. Once she is here, beach trips are definitley going to be a little different. Plus...going to the beach means that I get a Provisions Cheeseburger. [Can't Wait!!]I hope you all have a nice long memorial day weekend. Happy 17th Birthday Katie!!

1 comment:

Hollifields said...

Have fun at the beach..enjoy this time!