Friday, June 27, 2008

28 Weeks

Just like every other week, this week went by pretty quick. Sunday Josh and I went to Flat Rock to go to church. It was homecoming Sunday so we got to enjoy some good food afterwards. Then we spent the afternoon at the pool of course. Josh and I are now at the beach. We are spending the weekend here with our good friends, Matt and Meghan. It is so nice to be here, but it definitely is really really hot. We plan on going out on the boat tomorrow, so that should be a lot of fun. As we get further along in the pregnancy, things are really changing. I have decided that I should probably take out some stock in toilet paper and I have had to get a little creative when shaving my legs. Last night I had my first taste of swollen feet. That hadn't happened to me before so it really freaked me out. But I had been riding in the truck all day and hadn't been able to put my feet up. Once I got up this morning, they were back to normal. I have a feeling that it will probably happen a lot more because I'm already over 7 months pregnant and it's really hot outside. So I guess it is to be expected. For the past few days I have had some pain around my bladder. I feel like I have to pee all the time, which is normal being pregnant, but I was actually in pain from it. So when we were driving down to the beach yesterday I decided to call the doctor. They said that it wasn't normal and that I needed to come in to do some lab work. Well, with us being in Wilmington at that point, that was a little difficult. So they called me in some antibiotics just to be on the safe side and said I should go to emergency care if it didn't get any better. Since last night it has maybe gotten a little bit better, but not much. We will probably wait till tomorrow morning to see if we need to go somewhere to get it checked out. I go back to the doctor this coming Monday for a check up and also to do the glucose test. So maybe I can hold out until then, and we can just get everything checked at once. Josh and I are really looking forward to this weekend and spending time with friends. Emma is doing just fine. She is kicking all over the place. She is now kicking so hard that I can sit and watch her. It's so funny. It's amazing that she isn't even here yet and has developed such a personality. We hope you all have a great weekend.

No comments: