Thursday, June 12, 2008

She Gets It From Her Mama

Josh and I found out today that our little Emma is just as stubborn as her mama is. For Fathers Day I set up a 3d/4d ultrasound for Josh. I thought it would be fun for him to see her since he doesn't really get to experience the whole pregnancy thing. Plus, what more could you want for Fathers Day than to see your baby. So anyway, we went to our appointment today and spent 30 minutes trying to get her to turn towards us so that we could see her. She is in the breech position with her feet stuck right in front of her face. The technician turned me every way possible and I got up a moved around a few times but she wouldn't move for nothing. Then finally, she started turning......she gave us her butt. [By the way..she's still a girl] She definitley doesn't mind showing off her "stuff". She did that a whole bunch throughout the ultrasound. [I think that kind of worries daddy a little] :] She then turned her face towards my back so that we really couldn't see her at all. After that, we never could get her to move anymore. I guess she just doesn't like her picture being taken.[she gets that from me too] I think she was just trying to sleep and didn't want to be woken up. She is used to sleeping during the day when I sleep. My appointment was at 1:00 today and since I worked last night and I had to work tonight I had to wake up in the middle of the day to go to the appointment. She is just used to my schedule and she thought we were supposed to still be sleeping. Usually I try to make my appointments on Mondays when I don't have to work but the 3d/4d ultrasound can be a little expensive and I found out if you go in the middle of the week, its a lot cheaper. We did get a couple of pictures that didn't turn out too bad. Since the technician couldn't get a good video or picture, we are going back in 2 weeks to try again. Next time, I am going to drink some juice or soda before I go to give her a little sugar boost. The few minutes we actually got to see her face she yawned for us. She is so cute. I can't wait to go back and get some good pictures so that you all can see her. Maybe she will cooperate better next time for us.

1 comment:

Hollifields said...

That's cool you got to do that. I remember doing it with Cheyenne at 29 weeks. It was awesome.