Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Date and Anxiety

First off, my c-section has been scheduled for
March 13, 2010 at 7:30 a.m.
I will be exactly 39 weeks on March 13th. The hospital will not allow any doctor to schedule a c-section if the patient is less than 39 weeks. No one, including my doctor, seems to think that I will make it to 39 weeks but I guess little miss Ryleigh will let us know when she is ready. I imagine that I will probably go into labor and just have to go to the hospital and have a c-section then. As long as she gets here safe and sound, that's all that matters to me. I think now that we have set a date, it seems so much closer. Ryleigh will be here before we know it.
The closer it gets, the more anxiety I've been feeling. Believe it or not, the only thing that I think about and the only thing that bothers me, is not seeing Emma. The hospital now has a policy that no one under the age of 18 is allowed in the hospital because of flu season. So Emma will not be allowed to come see me or baby Ryleigh. We will have to wait until we get home. I completely understand why this rule is in place, but I just HATE it. With a c-section, I have to stay in the hospital for 3 nights, 4 days. 4 days!!! I have never even been away from Emma for a day, especially not 4 days. I don't know how I'm going to do it. I am supposed to be happy about having another baby and enjoy the first few days with Ryleigh, but all I can think about is how much I'm going to miss Emma. I know that she isn't going to forget who I am, but I just don't want her to think that I'm never coming back. I'm hoping that it will work out to where Josh can spend some time during the day with her and maybe a night at home too. But after having a c-section, I have to have someone with me, because I literally can't get out of bed or walk by myself. I definitely do not want to be left alone and it's alot easier for me to let Josh help me to the bathroom than someone else....ya know....since he's my husband and everything. :] I guess we'll just have to wait and see what we can work out when the time comes though. I'm just really sad that I have to be away from Emma so long and that she has to wait to meet her baby sister.

1 comment:

Hollifields said...

I saw that they lifted the ban! You've got to be excited about that! You're going to be fine...the first few days...well weeks are tough but you've got all of us to help! Try not to stress...