Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Long Couple Of Days.....

The past few days have been absolutely horrible. Emma had been having a runny nose on Monday but then Tuesday when she woke up she was coughing and really congested. I could tell that she just felt horrible. So I tried everything to make her feel better but nothing helped. Over the last few days Emma has been throwing up some too. I'm pretty sure that she just has really bad allergies and that everything draining into her throat is what is making her cough and throw up. She ended up only taking a 20 minute nap on Tuesday... so it was a very looong day. Tuesday night I called the doctor just to see if their was anything she could have but they said no. Yesterday morning I took Ryleigh for her one month check-up(more on that later), but Dr. Lowe looked in both of their ears and said that they looked good. She said I could give Emma some Claritin. Even though that medicine is for ages 2 and over, she said I just give Emma half the dose and she would be ok. I gave her the Claritin and she seemed to get better throughout the day....but then it was bed time. She went to sleep at 8:30 and until 10:30, all she did was cough. I felt so bad for her because I could tell it was really hurting her. Finally at 10:30 she woke up and wasnt going back to sleep. So I went and got her and gave her some milk to help soothe her throat. Then I laid down with her and she went back to sleep and I got her back in her crib. She continued to cough all night and got up 4 or 5 times. Luckily I was able to get her back to sleep every time. She got up this morning still coughing but she is due for some more Claritin so I'm hoping it will start helping soon. Ryleigh still has her cold. I thought she was getting better but now she is even more congested and coughing a lot. So as you can see, it's been a long couple of days. I just hope my baby girls start feeling better soon. Please keep them both in your prayers. It breaks my heart to see my girls feel bad.

1 comment:

Hollifields said...

There must be something in the air!Had a pretty tough week with Hailey too. She's cutting lots of teeth, 2 already through and she ended up having an ear infection. She didn't nap more than 30 minutes TOTAL during a single day all week. She's finally doing a little better today. I hope the girls are feeling better soon.It's so hard on momma too!