Friday, April 16, 2010

One Month Old

I can't believe it's already been a month since this little sweetheart came into our lives. It has flew by so fast. She is growing so fast. Right now Ryleigh is eating 3 ounces about every 3 hours or so. The last week she has gone through a growth spurt and she wants to eat every 1 1/2-2 hours but I'm hoping she'll be done with that soon. She is still working on a sleeping schedule. Right now she just sleeps when she wants. She is doing ok at night time. She is definitley not like Emma was at her age. We could always lay Emma anywhere and she would go to sleep immediately, but Ryleigh takes a little more work to go to sleep. She likes to be cuddled until she is almost asleep. For the most part, once she eats, she will go back to sleep in about 15 minutes or so, so I can't really complain. She is using a paci right now and she loves it. She is starting to stay awake more and more everyday and she is starting to take notice of things around her. She loves to watch the mobile on her swing or the little bumble bee on her infant seat. She still has a little bit of a cold. It's mostly just at night time or when she lays flat, she is really congested so she is still sleeping in her swing and that seems to be helping alot. She is wearing newborn diapers and is still in newborn clothes, however she will be outgrowing those soon I think.

On Wednesday I took Ryleigh for her one month check-up. She did wonderful. The doctor checked her out and said she looked great. She now weighs 8 lbs 13 oz- 50% and is 20 3/4 in. long, 25%.
She also got one shot. She cried for a minute or so but once I picked her up, she was ok. Ofcourse, my girls always have Hello Kitty bandaids.
and this is what she did for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

She is so, so cute !! I miss my granddaughters. I hope you and the girls are all better and have a great week-end. Love you.