Sunday, April 11, 2010

Ryleigh's 1st Cold


Last Tuesday Ryleigh started to get very congested. I thought is was from the outrageous amount of pollen that we were having. So I did everything I could think of to help her. I tried the humidifier, saline drops, sitting in a steamy bathroom, vapor bath, etc. Nothing seemed to help. On Friday morning she developed a really bad cough too. So I called the doctor's office and they told me that she needed to be seen. Turns out, Ryleigh has her first cold. I didn't realize this, but babies her age can not get allergies, so the pollen shouldn't bother her at all. Luckily, her lungs sounded good and her ears looked great. This cold will just have to run it's course. The doctor heard a little wheezing when she was breathing also, so she said to keep a close eye on her. For the past three nights she has been sleeping in her swing with the humidifier right beside her and it seems to be helping. She has slept all night and with only getting up twice to eat. Since we were already at the doctors office I had her take a look at Ryleigh's bottom. She has been having a little diaper rash but Friday morning it was bleeding a little bit because the skin was coming off. I feel like I am changing her diaper all the time. She is constantly peeing and pooping, so it doesn't surprise me. So she gave us a prescription for nystatin and that really is helping. This poor baby has had a rough week but I'm hoping that she is getting better and will stay well. Unfortunately, we have to go back on Wednesday for her one month check up and SHOTS! Poor girl can't catch a break.  

No comments: