Friday, December 24, 2010

1 more day!

Only 1 day till Christmas. Finally what we've all been waiting and preparing for. This year I was very unprepared. I feel like Christmas snuck up on me, but I still got everything done. Yesterday morning Josh and I took the girls out to breakfast and then we had to go to a few stores. We left at 8:15 and didn't get home till about 12. It was CRAZY out there. I still don't understand why people have to act like they don't have common sense just because it's Christmas time. After we got home, I was able to get all the presents wrapped while Emma napped. I still can't put them under my tree so most of them are sitting on my kitchen table. This week I spent some time rearranging the house in order to make some room for some new toys. I can't wait for Santa to come. Last year Santa got Emma a leapfrog musical table. She really LOVED it. Since then, it's been in her room but rarely got played with. Well, once Ryleigh started cruisin' around, she would always go to this table and try to play. Well, we thought the batteries were just dead, but nope, it quit working. Somehow there was a bunch of sticky stuff where the batteries go, but I know for a fact that nothing has been spilt there so we think a battery leaked in it or something. Anyway, she loved it so much, that this year Santa is bringing her one of her own. I'm so excited for her to get it because I know she will spend hours playing with it. When Josh and I first got pregnant with Emma we had a conversation about birthday's and Christmas and decided that our kids would get most of their new toys on their birthday or Christmas. We don't just go out and buy new toys all the time. They play with what they have and we rotate toys out through the year. That doesn't mean that we don't get them a new toys every now and again, but you can get really caught up in new toys that are out and you end up with a house FULL of toys that no one really plays with. So, I'm excited for them to have some new things to play with. I think we did pretty good this year and have some things for them that they are really going to love.

After Emma got up from her nap yesterday I took her to get some snow bibs. We are supposed to get some snow tomorrow and Sunday and Emma had everything she needed except bibs. I CALLED everywhere and no one had any, but finally called a store who told me where I could find some. I ended up getting bibs and a matching jacket for $18.00. Now, if we would just get some snow!!!

Tonight we are headed to my mom and dads for Christmas eve dinner. Then tomorrow morning we will go back to my mom and dads and then Josh's family tomorrow night. This is the first year since Josh and I got married that I will be able to go to sleep on Christmas eve and wake up in my own house Christmas morning. I have had to work every other year, so I'm really excited about that.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.

No comments: