Sunday, December 5, 2010

snow & ice

Last week, the weather people said that we could get some possible snow flurries Saturday night (last night). I was sooooo excited. I don't care how much snow it is. I just love it when it snows!!! Winter is my favorite time of the year and I hope it snows like crazy this year. Yesterday was also the day that were going to take Emma to Disney on Ice. We've had tickets for months and I was soooo excited to take her. I was going to take Ryleigh to my mom and dads around 12:30 so that I could come back and pick up Josh and Emma once Emma got up from her nap and then we were going to the coliseum. Once I got out of the shower and was getting ready, Josh said "hey it's snowing". I was SHOCKED! It started off as snow flurries and I figured it wouldn't really do anything else and I knew it wouldn't last long. I got Ryleigh in the car and headed to mom and dads and it started snowing hard. It was hard for me to even see to drive. By the time I got back home to get Emma and Josh the ground was pretty much covered. The roads were fine when we left but by then time we got to the coliseum it was started to stay on the roads some. Josh and I looked up the weather and they were calling for some freezing rain in the afternoon. We almost turned around and picked up Ryleigh and went home but I'm glad we didn't. Once we left Disney on Ice, it had stopped snowing and the roads were fine. Here is what it looked like on the way to the coliseum. The snow was still here this morning but it's slowly melting. Ok, now onto Disney on Ice. Emma had so much fun. I was worried that she would be too young and not really like it. But once we sat down and show started she started smiling and then she went back and forth hugging me and Josh, almost like she was saying "thank you mama and daddy". We went to see Toy Story 3. I was a little disappointed in how the show was done but it was still good. Emma loves "Ham"..the piggy bank and when he came out. She stood up in her seat and yelled "Pig". When the crowd would clap, Emma started clapping and yelling. It was so fun to go with her. It was nice to be able to take just Emma and do something like that. Ryleigh did wonderful with Nana and Papa all afternoon. I'm so thankful to them for keeping her.

No comments: