Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Stomach Bug 2010

I'm finally back!! The past week or so has been rough! My house got hit with the worst stomach bug ever. It started with Ryleigh. She was vomiting and spitting up all of her bottles and couldn't keep anything down. So after running a fever I took her to the doctor and was told that she had a bad stomach bug. The next day she couldn't even keep down pedialyte and wasn't wetting enough diapers so I took her back to the doctor but they said she looked a little dehydrated but not bad. Finally after a couple of days, she was better and we have gotten her back to eating full bottles and she's done wonderful. Then the next morning Emma woke up crying and when I went into her room, she had vomited all in her bed. Emma hardly ever gets sick and she has never been one to throw up any so I knew that she was really sick. Josh went on to work and after about an hour or so I had to call him to come home. Emma threw up all over me, the dog, Ryleigh, the floor, and the couch....and that was all in one time. It was horrible. I have never seen my little girl so sick. She looked so pale and I felt so sorry for her. She threw up about 7 or 8 times that day. We would try to give her sips of pedialyte but she couldn't keep it down, so I took her to the doctor around 5:00 that evening. Emma fell asleep on my shoulder while we were in the room waiting on the doctor. Once she walked in, Emma woke up and threw up everywhere....including all over my foot. The doctor felt her stomach and said it felt a little enlarged and she was concerned about that so she told me to take her over to Radiology at the hospital and get an x-ray done. Once we got to the hospital we had to get her admitted and then wait for them to do the x-ray, Emma slept in the stroller most of the time. She did wonderful with the x-ray, she didn't move the entire time. The pictures are with my phone so the quality isn't that great, but you can see how miserable she was.Turns out Emma had a bowel obstruction. She was extremely constipated so we had to work on alleviating her pain. (I won't go into details about that) After a few days she started feeling better. Then, last Monday I got the stomach bug. I haven't felt that bad in a long time. Josh did a great job of taking care of everything. He went through so much hand sanitizer and lysol, but he didn't get sick, so it worked. He even slept on the couch for three nights so he wouldn't get anything. Everyone is better now and I'm so glad that this didn't happen over Christmas. It was miserable. So for the last couple of weeks we have mostly been staying in the house. Sunday we went to my mom and dads to visit. We hadn't been there in weeks so it was nice to see them. Now, we have 4 days till Christmas and I'm busy getting the house cleaned and wrapping a few presents.

No comments: