Saturday, March 12, 2011

1 Year Ago

Exactly 1 year ago today, I was full of anticipation. I knew that in less than 24 hours that my little girl was going to be here. Having a scheduled c-section was so nerve wrecking. I kept looking at the clock, counting down the hours. I barely slept at all that night. We had to be at the hospital at 5:30 am and I didn't want to oversleep. I got up that morning and surprisingly was very calm. Both Josh and I took our showers, got ready, carried everything to the car and drove to the hospital. We were both just ready to meet Ryleigh. We talked about everything that was going to happen and how we couldn't believe the day had finally come. My pregnancy with Ryleigh was full of problems and hospital visits, and worrying that she was going to come early. But we had finally made it to March 13th. My c-section was scheduledfor 7am and I was prepped and ready to go. But then my doctor came in and told me that they didn't get the right blood work and that we couldn't start until he got that. So the lab tech came to get blood and we waited, and waited, and waited. It seemed like forever. I was so overwhelemed with emotions and just couldn't keep it together. Finally about 8:30 they came and got us and we went to the OR. At 9:03 a.m.,we saw Ryleigh for the first time.


I can remember it like it was just yesterday. As I think back on the past year, I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful and beautiful little girl. She has developed such a sweet personality. She has been a mama's girl ever since she was born and although sometimes it gets exhausting, I wouldn't want it any other way.

There is no greater feeling in the world than holding your new born baby for the first time and knowing that God chose you to be her mother. What a blessing.

No comments: