Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Catching Up

I haven't blogged in almost a week, mostly because there hasn't been much going on. I (sadly) haven't even taken out my camera either. But things are about to get busy around here, so it's nice not to have much to do. We've been having several rain showers and thunderstorms lately. It poured here most of the morning. This past weekend we went to Lowe's and picked out some flowers to plant. We got some petunias. They were pretty and cheap. :) I'm hoping they will spread out and look really pretty in our flower bed and around our mailbox. Josh put out grass seed a little over a week ago, so it should start growing in too and make our yard pretty and green. I am hosting a birthday party for Katie on Sunday so I'm hoping the yard and my flowers will look beautiful for all our guests. We'll just have to wait and see.

Emma and Ryleigh are doing great. Growing like weeds of course. Emma got her first pair of real flip flops last week and insist on wearing them everywhere. The first time she wore them they came off her feet every 15 seconds but now she walks in them great. They are so cute too. She will come in the door and kick them off just like her mama.

Ryleigh has been sleeping through the night for a while now. She rarely gets up anymore, and if she does, I usually just lay her back down and cover her up and she goes back to sleep. But the other night we put them both to bed around 7:30 (like usual) and Ryleigh was back up at 9:00 running around her bed, banging on the wall, and she even managed to take her pants off. She stayed up until 1:00 playing in her crib. I finally got her to sleep, but she was up at 4 and then up for the day at 6:10. I don't know what got into her, but she has slept good ever since.

We have a really busy weekend ahead, so I have to get everything done for Katie's party this week. I still have several things to get, including the food, so I better get busy. Hopefully I'll have some pictures of the kiddos soon. (that's the only reason you come to the blog right?) :)

No comments: