Tuesday, May 31, 2011

oak.island

This past weekend we went to Oak Island. We went with Josh's mom and dad, and his brother Sam, and Lyndsey. We left around lunch time Thursday and we got there around 4:30 or so. My plan was for the girls to nap on the way there. Well, Emma didn't nap at all, and Ryleigh napped 15 minutes. But they both were wonderful and happy the whole way. We loved being there with family and spending time with everyone, but my little Ryleigh bear fussed and whined the WHOLE weekend. She was never happy. She almost acted like she didn't feel well, but I don't think anything was wrong with her. I think just being in a different place, with not a lot for her to do, and a lot of people maybe overwhemed her. I really don't know what her problem was. We couldn't really do anything there because Ryleigh would usually fuss. She is not usually so fussy and now that we are home she is fine, so maybe next time will be better.We did have a few fun times, but lets just say, I was more than happy to come home.

Between getting unpacked, eating dinner, and setting up the crib, we didn't have time to really do too much Thursday night. Friday morning we made a quick trip to Wal-Mart to get a few things. Josh and I ended up getting Emma a little fishing pole. She played with it ALL.WEEKEND!!! I am so mad at myself because I just realized that I didn't even get a picture of her with it. She liked to go fishing off the back deck and even in the house. After I put the girls down for their nap Josh and I went on a little lunch date while Josh's parents stayed with the girls. We went to Provisions. They have the best cheeseburgers ever. I hadn't been in a year and a half so it was long overdue. It was so nice to go to lunch with just Josh and enjoy sitting by the water.

Friday afternoon we let the girls go swimming in the little pool that we keep down there. Emma loved playing in the water. Ryleigh wasn't a big fan of it.

Saturday we went back to Walmart because we needed a few things for Ryleigh. But we didn't really do too much else that day except play. Some family friends came over that night for dinner and we enjoyed visiting with them.

Sunday morning I took the girls to the pier and then we took the girls out on the beach to play.
Emma LOVED playing on the beach. Ryleigh liked it at first but then she got tired of it very quickly. While we were out on the beach, Josh took the DSLR but I also wanted to take my small digital camera because it does video. Well, when Josh was washing Emma off in the ocean the
camera fell out of his pocket and is now ruined. :( However, we were able to get all of our images and videos off the memory card so I was happy about that.


Sunday afternoon we took the girls to the waterway in Southport and then to Leaky Tiki for ice cream. Then Sunday night after dinner we went back out to the beach to take pictures of the girls. I will post those in the next couple of days when we can edit them. They turned out great and I can't wait to show you. Overall, we had fun, but we are really glad to be home.

No comments: